Are you remodeling your bathroom? Why settle for regular shower doors when you can try something much better in looks, costs, and ambiance, like frameless shower doors?
Yes, you can now install frameless doors to your shower and reap the following benefits it offers:
- Customization: customization is the most important benefit of frameless shower doors. They are manufactured as per your measurements to fit appropriately fit your shower area and bathroom. It’s not only the size that’s customized. Some manufacturers also inscribe your initials or family name on the door.
- Open illusion: These transparent doors create an optical illusion to make your bathroom look bigger than it actually is. The absence of frames gives the shower an open look as if there’s lots of space to move around and breathe. It thus helps make small and claustrophobic bathrooms look and feel much bigger than it actually is.
- Increase House value: An open-design shower will fetch you a much better rate if you have plans of selling your home in the future. Many buyers don’t mind paying a little more for a home with open-design showers.
- Easy Cleaning: The absence of grooves means dirt and mold don’t easily accumulate or grow in the shower. This simplifies maintenance, where you get a crystal clear door just by wiping with a squeegee.
- Style Quota: Framed doors look bulky because they are covered in rubber, metal or some other sealant. Frameless shower doors, however, are minimalist and sleek in design. They give your shower a clean and fresh look and showcase your beautiful shower tile design.
- Corrosion Free: The doors do not have any metal framings that may corrode on exposure to moisture and water. There’s also no worry about replacing corroded parts.
- Safe To Use: You needn’t worry about the shower glass shattering with heat or forceful closing of doors to cause cuts and wounds. They are made of strong, tempered glass treated with heat and chemicals to withstand years of usage.
Tips For Choosing Frameless Shower Doors
First-time buyers may need assistance in buying frameless shower doors. You want to make sure you choose a functional and safe door for your shower, which is possible using the following tips.
- Glass Quality And Design: Never compromise on quality. Don’t worry; most manufacturers do not make doors using inferior or poor quality glass. Look for about 6 mm or 1/4 inches thick tempered glass with plain, rain, decorative or frosted designs.
- Cost: Your budget is always important. So first decide on it before you start looking around.
- Stand Alone Or bathtub Door: Decide if you want a stand-alone or bathtub door because both are entirely different in dimensions. Make sure you know what you want and then start looking. You will have to pay extra for any changes made after selecting your door.
- Flexibility: It doesn’t matter if you have a small or corner bathroom. There’s a door that fits into your available shower space.
- Positive Reviews: Always check and read customer reviews and ratings on Amazon, their website and forums for help in making the right choice.
- Installation: While you can choose between a professional and DIY installation, professional installations are always better. It reduces the chances of any leakage due to the overlapping glass door. However if you opt for a DIY installation, make sure you follow the manufacturers’ instructions.
- Take Measurements: Don’t forget to measure your shower space before looking for your door. While bypass versions offer more flexibility, do pay close attention while measuring doors with hinges.
- Out Of Plumb Adjustability: This is the factor that indicates how much coverage the door provides in bathrooms with walls that aren’t perfectly vertical in structure. Not all doors have this feature, so make sure you check to ensure your chosen door does.
- Aesthetics: It goes without saying that your frameless door has to be aesthetically pleasing. There are no criteria to follow here. Choose based on your budget, the different types of glass and designs and if you want a bronze, stainless steel or any other finish.
Are you interested to learn more about frameless shower doors? If yes, just contact Regal Treatment today so that their executives can help give your bathroom the regal treatment it deserves.